Up to $100,000 (plus GST) in funding is provided to support not-for-profit organisations and/or local government authorities (Victorian) to construct a Changing Places facility.
What are Changing Places facilities?
Changing Places facilities are larger than standard accessible toilets, and have extra features and more space to meet the needs of people with a disability and their carers.
Absolutely Everyone: State Disability Plan 2017-2020 showcases a whole-of-government approach to support and include people with a disability. This approach includes a commitment to universal design principles to make the built environment accessible for all people and abilities. Changing Places facilities are a best practice example of universal design principles.
Each facility has:
- A height adjustable, adult-sized changing bench
- A tracking hoist system
- Space for two people
- A safer and cleaner environment.
For more information, see the Changing Places Transforming Lives website.
Changing Places funding round 2017
Applications for the 2017 funding round have now closed.
The 2017 funding round will fund up to 20 projects which meet the following criteria:
- Can demonstrate identified need from people with disabilities, their families, friends and carers for a Changing Places facility in their locality and provide evidence of the extent of local support for a Changing Places facility
- Can clearly demonstrate social, economic and accessibility benefits for people with a disability
- Will be built according to the Changing Places design specifications, as outlined in Changing Places information guide and technical standards, and accredited as a Changing Place.