Men's sheds provide a place for men to get together, work on common projects and contribute to their community.
The Men’s Shed program supports grant rounds for the construction of new sheds and the refurbishment of existing sheds. Ongoing funding of $1 million per annum underpins the Men’s Shed program.
The Men’s Shed program allocates funding across 3 streams:
- Strengthening the sustainability of men’s sheds through the Victorian Men’s Shed Association
- Refurbishing men’s sheds
- Building new men’s sheds.
The 2017 Men’s Shed funding round is now closed.
Other support for Men’s Sheds
The Victorian Government provides funding to the Victorian Men’s Shed Association to provide leadership and capacity building for men’s sheds across Victoria. In addition, a Field Officer project is underway in 2017-18, to further support the governance and viability of Victorian Sheds.
For more information, see Victorian Men's Shed Association website, call 0408 465 228 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Men’s Shed funding round allocated grants
The funding round prioritised projects that:
- Demonstrated a high level of need for the project in the community
- Came from rural communities, communities that are experiencing economic and social change or Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander communities
- Contained a clear strategic plan to sustain the operation of the shed as an inclusive community facility and address issues of social isolation
- Represented considerable value for government investment
- Proposed to address significant disadvantage in the community.
Here are the recipients of this year's funding round.