A neighbourhood house is where people can become involved in community events, find out about other services or activities in the area, join a class or support group or take up an activity for fun and enjoyment.
About the Neighbourhood House Coordination Program
The Neighbourhood House Coordination Program (NHCP) provides funding to over 350 neighbourhood houses and neighbourhood house networks across Victoria to:
1. Support the provision of community development programs and activities which lead to community-strengthening outcomes through:
- Supporting diversity by promoting community participation and inclusion
- Facilitating community development and capacity building in support of individuals and groups within communities
- Supporting life-long learning opportunities for people to improve their training and employment pathways and community participation
2. Support community development processes to address locally identified priorities and needs through:
- Community consultation
- Development of agreed community responses to identified priorities and needs
- Identification of partners and funding sources.
Capital works non-recurrent grants – now open for applications
As part of the 2018-19 Victorian State Budget non-recurrent funding of up to $450,000 is available for neighbourhood houses to apply for a grant:
- Of up to $30,000 to support small scale infrastructure modifications to improve accessibility
- Up to $10,000 for minor works, equipment and information and communication technology upgrades.
This grant program aims to enhance the capacity of neighbourhood houses to continue to foster and strengthen the quality of life for all Victorians.
Neighbourhood houses currently funded through the Neighbourhood House Coordination Program are eligible to apply.
Note: Houses are eligible to apply for one grant only.
How to apply
Download and carefully read the 2018 Neighbourhood House Coordination Program – Minor Capital Works Non-Recurrent Grants: Funding criteria and application form, available from the related resources section at the bottom of this page.
- If you have any questions please email the Neighbourhood House Coordination Program team.
- Final applications must be emailed to the Neighbourhood House Coordination Program team.
Applications must be received by 5.00pm, 5 October 2018.