A neighbourhood house is where people can become involved in community events, find out about other services or activities in the area, join a class or support group or take up an activity for fun and enjoyment.
2018-19 funding increase
Through the 2018-19 State Budget the Victorian Government has committed an additional investment of $21.8 million over four years for the Neighbourhood House Coordination Program. This investment is made of three components:
- Phase 1- additional coordination hours to funded houses receiving less than 25 hours per week- now closed to applications
- Phase 2- increased funding to Neighbourhood House Networks to deliver additional hours of support to neighbourhood houses
- Phase 2- additional coordination hours available to new or existing unfunded neighbourhood houses. Eligible organisations will be able to apply for up to 25 coordination hours per week.
The application process for the funding components is phased.
Phase two- now open for applications
Phase 2 incorporates:
- increased funding for Networks- the department will contact all neighbourhood house networks as part of this process
- funding for new or unfunded neighbourhood houses- see information below.
How to apply
- Download and carefully read the 2018 Neighbourhood House Coordination Program - New neighbourhood houses funding guidelines and application form, available from the resources section at the bottom of this page
- email any questions to NHCP@dhhs.vic.gov.au
Phase 2 closing for applications
Final applications must be emailed to NHCP@dhhs.vic.gov.au prior to 5pm, 31 July 2018.
Phase 2 information sessions- registrations essential
To learn more about the funding criteria and application requirements you can register to attend one of two public information sessions. Session details are as follows:
Date: Tuesday 3 July 2018
Time: 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Place: Room 13.01, 50 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne
Applicants can attend this session via video conference at the following offices of the department: Wodonga, Seymour, Mildura, Bendigo, Dandenong, Sale, Ballarat and Hamilton.
To register to attend this session via video conference: contact Rachel Jovic on 9096 9561 or email NHCP@dhhs.vic.gov.au
Date: Wednesday 4 July 2018 (no video conference facilities available)
Time: 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Place: Dialogue, Gorman Room 1st floor, 50 Lonsdale St, enter via Madame Brussels Lane
Phase one- closed to applications 15 June
Neighbourhood houses funded through the Neighbourhood House Coordination Program for less than 25 hours per week. This is now closed to applications.