Disability self help grants are available to assist disability self help groups in financing general expenses, minor works and equipment.
The Victorian Government is committed to supporting people with disability and their families. The Disability self help grants program recognises the value of people coming together and sharing their experiences.
How can the grant be used?
Grants of up to $10,000 over 2 years are available to support Victorian disability self help groups to:
- Strengthen the capacity of people with disability to live independently and participate in the community
- Support members to make informed decisions about their own lives
- Encourage a network of community peer support and information exchange for people with disability and their families and carers
- Increase opportunities to provide information and education on the experiences of people with disability.
How to apply
To apply for the grants, read the application guidelines and complete an application form.
- Disability self help grants 2019-2021 - application guidelines (Word)
- Disability self help grants 2019-2021 - application form (Word)
- Victorian disability self help grants - Easy read summary (Word)
Applications close on Friday 12 July 2019.
Groups can contact the Office for Disability on 1300 880 043 or email Disability self help grants.