Disability Services supported accommodation is targeted at people with a disability with the highest support needs.
We fund community service organisations to provide a range of supported accommodation services including group homes and community residential units for people with a disability.
Supported accommodation services are provided under the Disability Act 2006.
The support is based on individual needs and promotes:
- Community participation
- Relationship building
- Skill development and maintenance.
What support is available?
- Support for people to live in their own home, or the family home through an Individual support package
- Outreach support to assist people to live more independently in their own home
- Support for younger people at risk of admission to residential aged care
- Shared supported accommodation - targeted at people with a disability that have the highest support needs, which includes rostered support.
To find out more contact your regional disability Intake and Response Service for advice and information.