The Human Services and Health Partnership Implementation Committee (HSHPIC) is a joint committee of peak community organisations and departmental representatives.
It was established in 2004 as a result of the partnership agreement between us and the health, housing and community services sector.
What's the committee's role?
The committee's role is to promote and facilitate collaboration on policy priorities between the department and the community sector. It also promotes consultation and engagement between the department and the funded community services sector.
HSHPIC meets every two months to work together and discuss policy priorities suggested by us and sector representatives. At recent meetings, topics for discussion have included strategic planning, Aboriginal workforce strategy, industry planning and outcomes based approaches.
- Strengthen department and sector partnering to achieve mutually effective and respectful relationships
- Provide a forum for exchanging information about issues affecting the community sector as a whole
- Establish working groups and projects to further the aims of HSHPIC
- Coordinate discussions between the department and the sector to address shared strategic challenges facing the human services industry
- Provide advice to the department board and the Victorian Council of Social Service (VCOSS) Peaks and State-wide Organisations Forum (a forum for peak bodies and state-wide organisations to engage with cross-sectoral policy issues)
- We also provide a report to committee members at each meeting, which summarises current key projects.
Who can be on the committee?
- Representatives from the department (nominated internally)
- Representatives from VCOSS Peaks and State-wide Forum sector (nominated internally)
- Representatives from peak organisations, whose majority membership is primarily funded service providers.
Current committee members
- Co-chair: Amity Durham, Acting Deputy Secretary, Portfolio Strategy and Reform, Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Co-chair: Emma King, Chief Executive Officer, Victorian Council of Social Service (VCOSS)
- Sam Biondo, Executive Officer, Victorian Alcohol & Drug Association (VADA)
- Caroline Mulcahy, Chief Executive Officer, Carers Victoria
- David Moody, State Manager, National Disability Services (NDS) Victoria
- Deb Tsorbaris, Chief Executive Officer, Centre for Excellence in Child & Family Welfare
- Georgie Ferrari, Chief Executive Officer, YacVic
- Fiona McCormack, Chief Executive Officer, Domestic Violence Victoria
- Jenny Smith, Chief Executive Officer, Council to Homeless Persons
- Sandie de Wolf, Chief Executive Officer, Berry Street Victoria
- Chris Templin, Policy Advisor, Victorian Healthcare Association (VHA)
- Meghan Albert (interim member), General Manager, Vicsport
- Louise Carey, Director, Policy and Advocacy Unit, Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (VACCHO)
- Dan Jefferson, Director, Community Services Priority Projects, DHHS
- Genine Wallinga, Director, Procurement and Contract Management, DHHS
- Belinda Martin, Acting Assistant Director, Community Services System Strategy & Design, DHHS.
Meeting schedule for 2017
The committee meets every 2 months.
- 18 April
- 20 June
- 22 August
- 24 October
- 12 December.