Men's sheds provide a place for men to get together, work on common projects and contribute to their community.
The Men's Shed Program provides grants for the construction of new sheds and the refurbishment of existing sheds.
Ongoing funding of $1 million per annum underpins the Men's Shed Program. This funding is allocated across:
- Building and refurbishing men’s sheds
- Strengthening the sustainability of men's sheds through the Victorian Men’s Shed Association.
Victorian Men's Shed Association
The Victorian Government provides funding to the Victorian Men's Shed Association to provide leadership and capacity building for men's sheds across Victoria.
2019-20 funding round
The 2019-20 Men's Shed funding round provided $877,672 in grants to build new men's sheds or refurbish existing men' sheds.
The 2019-20 funding round prioritised projects that demonstrated:
- Community need
- Community consultation, including with local men
- Support from community partners
- How the project would reduce social isolation and loneliness in men
- Project management capability.