Men's sheds provide a place for men to get together, work on common projects and contribute to their community.
Men’s sheds in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire are currently closed to comply with Chief Health Officer directions. Men’s shed participants in these areas are encouraged to stay in touch with each other by phone or other electronic communications.
Some men’s sheds in other Victorian regions are carefully reopening. These sheds are still required to implement actions to limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and modify their approach to comply with physical distancing requirements while maintaining good hygiene and sanitation practices.
For detailed information on staying safe:
- read the latest advice and updates on the department’s coronavirus (COVID-19) website.
- contact the Victorian Men’s Shed Association for advice on 0408 465 228.
- See the Getting Back to the Shed Guide, by the Australian Men’s Shed Association.
About the Men’s Shed Program
The Victorian Government’s Men's Shed Program provides grants for the construction of new sheds and the refurbishment of existing sheds.
Ongoing funding of $1 million per annum underpins the Men's Shed Program. This funding is allocated across:
- Building and refurbishing men’s sheds
- Strengthening the sustainability of men's sheds through the Victorian Men’s Shed Association.
The Men’s Sheds 2020-21 funding round is currently on hold until further notice. Grant application and construction timelines will be advised when the funding round reopens.
If you have any questions about the Men’s Shed Funding Program, please contact (03) 8633 4765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Victorian Men's Shed Association
The Victorian Government provides funding to the Victorian Men's Shed Association to provide leadership and capacity-building for men's sheds across Victoria.