Men's sheds provide a place for men to get together, work on common projects and contribute to their community.
In response to coronavirus (COVID-19) men’s sheds across Victoria are operating in new ways.
To make sure you can stay safe, limits apply on the number of people who can be in a men’s shed facility at the one time.
All men’s sheds that are open must have a COVIDSafe plan, which includes the following:
- Ensuring physical distancing of 1.5 metres between people
- Ensuring all participants are wearing a face mask
- Practicing good hygiene
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and equipment. Provide disinfectant wipes or similar for members to wipe tools and machinery before and after use
- Keeping a record of who attends the men’s shed each day and act quickly if someone becomes unwell by sending them home and advising they have a coronavirus (COVID-19) test and seek medical advice.
For detailed information on staying safe:
- Read the latest advice and updates on the department’s coronavirus (COVID-19) website, specifically the Community Sector Plan.
- Contact the Victorian Men’s Shed Association for advice on 0408 465 228.
See the Getting Back to the Shed Guide, by the Australian Men’s Shed Association.
Support for Men’s Sheds payments
Through the 2020 Men’s Shed Funding Program – Support for Men’s Sheds, payments of $2,300 were approved for 277 men’s sheds across Victoria.
These payments assist men’s sheds to meet their most urgent expenses and operate in a COVIDSafe manner.
Applications for this funding round closed at 5pm on 18 December 2020.
Men’s Shed Funding Program
The Victorian Government’s Men's Shed Program provides grants for the construction of new sheds and the refurbishment of existing sheds.
Ongoing funding of $1 million per annum underpins the Men's Shed Program. This funding is allocated across:
- Men’s sheds grants. In 2021–22 the regular capital grants program is expected to return, to support building new sheds or the refurbishment of existing sheds.
- Strengthening the sustainability of men's sheds through the Victorian Men’s Shed Association.
If you have any questions about the Men’s Shed Funding Program, please call (03) 8633 4765 or email email@example.com.
Victorian Men's Shed Association
The Victorian Government provides funding to the Victorian Men's Shed Association to provide leadership and capacity-building for men's sheds across Victoria.