A neighbourhood house is where people can become involved in community events, find out about other services or activities in the area, join a class or support group or take up an activity for fun and enjoyment.
About the Neighbourhood House Coordination Program
The Neighbourhood House Coordination Program (NHCP) provides funding to over 350 neighbourhood houses and neighbourhood house networks across Victoria to:
1. Support the provision of community development programs and activities which lead to community-strengthening outcomes through:
- Supporting diversity by promoting community participation and inclusion
- Facilitating community development and capacity building in support of individuals and groups within communities
- Supporting life-long learning opportunities for people to improve their training and employment pathways and community participation
2. Support community development processes to address locally identified priorities and needs through:
- Community consultation
- Development of agreed community responses to identified priorities and needs
- Identification of partners and funding sources.