On 1 October 2018, the way in which the Department of Health and Human Services provides funding for child and family services changed.
These changes are a part of broader reforms underway to redesign the child and family services system in order to:
- enable a more seamless and continuous service system
- enable wrap-around support for clients
- set up the system for use evidence-based practices and programs and outcomes-focused performance management
The department, in consultation with the sector, has designed a new funding model that supports integration across the child and family system. The new funding model allows providers to more flexibly use funding to wrap services around children and families.
The department will work closely with the services sector so the transition to the new funding model is smooth, effective and sustainable.
A range of tools have been developed to assist organisations in relation to funding reform. For more information, see the following resources:
- Child and family services funding reform summary
- Child and family services new funding model - Guide for service providers
- Child and family services new funding model - Mapping from old to new activities